Lemon drop shots are a popular and refreshing cocktail that is easy to make at home. This shot combines vodka, fresh lemon juice, and sugar, making it the perfect balance of sweet and sour. Here’s a detailed recipe for making lemon drop shots:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Lemon wedge
- Sugar for rimming (optional)
- Cocktail shaker
- Jigger or measuring cup
- Shot glasses
Begin by chilling your shot glasses in the freezer for at least 10 minutes prior to making the shots. This will help keep the shots cold and refreshing.
If you choose to rim your glasses with sugar, pour some sugar onto a small plate. The lemon wedge should be rubbed around the rim of each shot glass. Followed by dipping the rim into the sugar while twisting the glass to coat the rim evenly. This step is not mandatory it enhances the flavor and adds an attractive appearance to the shots.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 2 ounces of vodka, 1/2 ounce of fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. Use a jigger or measuring cup to ensure you get the correct measurements.
Shake the mixture vigorously for about 10 seconds. Until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well combined. The ice in the shaker will help chill the mixture and create a frothy layer on top.
Strain the mixture into the chilled shot glasses. Use a strainer or a small sieve to remove any pulp or seeds from the lemon juice. This will help make the shots smoother and easier to drink.
If you wish, you can add a small lemon wedge as a garnish to each shot. This step is optional it adds a nice pop of color and a hint of extra lemon flavor to the shots.
Serve and enjoy! Your lemon drop shots are now ready to be enjoyed. They’re best served cold and straight up, so don’t forget to keep them chilled until you’re ready to serve.
- Use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled lemon juice for the best flavor. Fresh lemon juice has a brighter and more natural taste that will make your shots taste even better.
- If you prefer your shots to be sweeter, you can add a bit more sugar to the mixture. Taste the mixture before shaking it and adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, use a large jar or a water bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Just make sure to strain the mixture before pouring it into the shot glasses.
- If you’re making these shots for a party. You can make a large batch ahead of time. Keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Just make sure to stir or shake the mixture well before pouring it into shot glasses.
- You can also try experimenting with different flavors by adding other fruit juices or flavored syrups to the mixture. Try adding a splash of raspberry or pomegranate juice for a fruity twist.
Making lemon drop shots is a quick and easy way to add fun and flavor to your party or gathering. With just a few simple ingredients and a cocktail shaker, you can make these shots in minutes. So why not give them a try and impress your guests with your bartending skills?