The Popeyes Strawberry Biscuit is a delicious and unique twist on the classic biscuit. It is made with a buttermilk biscuit dough that is filled with pieces of fresh strawberries and topped with sweet vanilla icing. The biscuits are soft, flaky, and buttery, with the sweetness of the strawberries and the vanilla icing perfectly balancing out the saltiness of the biscuit.
This recipe will show you how to make your own Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits at home. The ingredients are readily available and uncomplicated, while the instructions are clear and easy to follow. With a little time and effort, you can enjoy these delicious biscuits in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons strawberry preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the cold cubed butter and with your fingertips work the butter into the flour, flattening the cubes between your fingers until the butter pieces are about the diameter of walnut halves (bigger butter pieces = flakier biscuits).
- Add the buttermilk and mix until it just comes together into a shaggy dough (not all the flour will be incorporated yet). Be careful to not overmix as this will melt the butter.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it 10-12 times, or until it forms a smooth ball.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to create biscuit shapes by cutting through the dough.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking, make the icing by whisking together the confectioners’ sugar, milk, and remaining tablespoon of strawberry preserves.
- Let the biscuits cool slightly before serving them with the icing.
- For the best results, use cold ingredients. This will help to create flaky biscuits.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Overmixing will develop the gluten in the flour and make the biscuits tough.
- If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, you can use a glass or a drinking cup to cut out the biscuits.
- Be sure to let the biscuits cool slightly before serving them with the icing. This will help to prevent the icing from melting.
Are Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits Permanent?
Yes, Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits is now a permanent menu item. They were first introduced as a limited-time item in March 2023, but they were so popular that they were made permanent in August 2023.
How many Calories are in Popeyes Strawberry Biscuit?
A single Popeyes Strawberry Biscuit has 290 calories.
Where Can I Buy Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits?
Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits are available at all participating Popeyes restaurants nationwide.