Chipotle chicken al pastor recipe is a delicious and popular Mexican dish that is typically made with pork. However, Chipotle has recently introduced a new version of the dish made with chicken. This dish is inspired by the traditional Mexican dish tacos al pastor, and it features marinated chicken that is cooked on a vertical spit. Pineapple, onions, and cilantro accompany the chicken when it is served.
The chicken al pastor at Chipotle is made with a blend of spices that includes cumin, oregano, chili powder, and achiote paste. The chicken is marinated in this blend for at least 24 hours, which allows the flavors to penetrate the meat. Chicken is then cooked on a vertical spit, which gives it a nice smoky flavor.
The pineapple adds a touch of sweetness to the dish, while the onions and cilantro provide a freshness. The chicken al pastor is typically served on corn tortillas, but it can also be served on flour tortillas or in a bowl.
If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful Mexican dish, then you should try the chicken al pastor at Chipotle. It is a spicy and savory dish that is sure to please.
How to Make Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor at Home
If you want to make a chipotle chicken al pastor recipe at home, you can follow this simple recipe:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup achiote paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple juice, lime juice, red wine vinegar, achiote paste, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat the chicken.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, or up to 2 days.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple, onion, and cilantro. Cook for an additional minute, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Serve the chicken al pastor on corn tortillas, flour tortillas, or in a bowl.
Tips for Making Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor
- For the best flavor, marinate the chicken for at least 24 hours.
- If you don’t have achiote paste, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of ground annatto seeds.
- You can also add other vegetables to the chicken al pastor, such as bell peppers, tomatoes, or zucchini.
- Serve the chicken al pastor with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
Is Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor spicy?
Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor can be spicy, but the level of spiciness depends on how much chili powder is used in the marinade. If you are sensitive to spice, you can reduce the amount of chili powder in the marinade.
How long does it take to make Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor?
The marinating time for Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor is at least 24 hours, but it can be marinated for up to 2 days. The actual cooking time is only about 5 minutes per side.
What are some other dishes that can be made with Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor?
In addition to tacos, Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor can be used to make burritos, bowls, salads, and quesadillas.