The applesauce jello recipe is a delicious and easy dessert for any occasion. It is made with just a few simple ingredients, and it can be customized to your own taste.
To make applesauce jello, you will need:
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the applesauce, water, and gelatin. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
Once the jello is set, you can unmold it and serve it with whipped cream, fruit, or nuts.
Here are some tips for making applesauce jello:
- Use good quality applesauce. The flavor of the applesauce will be the main flavor of the jello, so use a brand that you like.
- Use clear applesauce. If you use a cloudy applesauce, the jello will not be as clear.
- Do not overcook the gelatin. If you overcook the gelatin, it will be tough.
- For best results, it is recommended to refrigerate the Jello for a minimum of four hours before serving. This will give the gelatin time to set properly.
Applesauce jello is a delicious and easy dessert perfect for any occasion. It is a great way to use up leftover applesauce, and it is a fun and festive dessert for kids.
Here are some variations on applesauce jello:
- Strawberry Applesauce Jello: Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries to the applesauce mixture before adding the gelatin.
- Peach Applesauce Jello: Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen peaches to the applesauce mixture before adding the gelatin.
- Mango Applesauce Jello: Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen mangoes to the applesauce mixture before adding the gelatin.
- Tropical Applesauce Jello: Add 1 cup of each of the following to the applesauce mixture before adding the gelatin: pineapple, mango, and banana.
You can also add other ingredients to applesauce jello, such as nuts, granola, or yogurt. Get creative and have fun with it!
Applesauce Jello is a tasty and easy-to-make dessert that combines the flavors of Jello and applesauce. It’s a perfect treat for any occasion and can be customized with your favorite Jello flavor.
What is applesauce jello?
Applesauce jello is a dessert made with applesauce, gelatin, sugar, and lemon juice.
Can I use any applesauce for applesauce jello?
You can use any applesauce for applesauce jello, but I recommend using clear applesauce for the best results. If you use a cloudy applesauce, the jello will not be as clear.
Can I make applesauce jello ahead of time?
Yes, you can make applesauce jello ahead of time. In fact, it is best to make it ahead of time so that it has time to set properly. You can make it to 24 hours ahead of time.
How do I store applesauce jello?
You can store applesauce jello in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze applesauce jello?
Yes, you can freeze applesauce jello. To freeze applesauce jello, place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. When you are ready to serve, thaw the jello in the refrigerator overnight.
Is applesauce jello gluten-free and dairy-free?
Yes, applesauce jello is gluten-free and dairy-free. It is a great option for people who are looking for a gluten-free or dairy-free dessert.