Who doesn’t love the classic combination of sweet strawberries, fluffy cake, and luscious whipped cream? If after all, you are looking to elevate this timeless treat to a whole new level of fun and sophistication, we’ve got just the recipe for you – Strawberry Shortcake Shooters. These charming bite-sized desserts not only captivate the eyes but also deliver an explosion of flavor with each layer. Let’s delve into the recipe and uncover the secrets to crafting these irresistible treats.
For the Cake Base:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
For the Strawberry Filling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually incorporate dry ingredients into wet, alternating with milk. Start and finish with dry ingredients for a well-balanced mixture.
- Pour prepared batter into a greased and floured pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow freshly baked cake to cool completely before cutting into small, delectable cubes, ensuring ideal texture and consistency for your Strawberry Shortcake Shooters.
2. Prepare the Strawberry Filling:
- In a bowl, mix diced strawberries with sugar and lemon juice. Gently toss the ingredients together and let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes. This resting period allows the strawberries to release their succulent juices, enhancing the overall flavor of the filling.
3. Prepare the Whipped Cream:
- Whisk the heavy cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Incorporate the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and continue whisking until stiff peaks are achieved.
4. Assemble the Shooters:
- In small serving glasses or shot glasses, layer the cake cubes, strawberry filling, and whipped cream.
- Layer the ingredients repeatedly until the glass is filled, concluding with a final layer of whipped cream on top.
- Enhance the presentation by adding fresh strawberry or mint leaves as a decorative garnish.
1. Freshness Matters: Use fresh, ripe strawberries for the best flavor. The quality of your ingredients will shine through in the final result.
2. Make it Ahead: Have the cake, strawberry filling, and whipped cream ready in advance.
Assemble the shooters just before serving to maintain the freshness and texture of each layer.
3. Experiment with Flavors: Consider adding a touch of balsamic vinegar to the strawberry filling for a subtle depth of flavor. For a more mature flavor profile, then consider infusing the whipped cream with a touch of citrus zest or a splash of liqueur.
These Strawberry Shortcake Shooters are a delightful way to savor the classic flavors of strawberry shortcake in a playful and elegant presentation. Whether you’re entertaining guests or simply treating yourself, these miniature desserts are sure to impress with their vibrant colors, sweet aromas, and layers of heavenly goodness. Sure, collect your ingredients, let your creativity flow, and then savor the pleasure of creating these irresistible strawberry shortcake shooters.