Calamari steak recipe with lemon butter sauce is a delectable seafood dish that exudes elegance making it a delightful choice for special occasions. The calamari steaks boast tenderness and juiciness while the lemonbutter sauce bursts with vibrant flavor. Your diners are sure to be impressed by this culinary wonder.
Craft this exquisite calamari steak with lemon butter sauce for steak but commence by meticulously preparing and cleaning the steak. Next, give them a quick sear in a well-heated skillet until they achieve a captivating golden hue on both sides. After all, as the final touch, gently lower the heat and introduce the lemon butter sauce to the skillet. Allow the steaks to cook until they attain that perfect level of doneness and serve this dish promptly alongside your preferred accompaniments.
- 4 calamari steaks
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Zest from a single lemon
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges for garnish
1. Prepare the Calamari Steaks:
- If the steaks happen to be large, feel free to slice them into smaller, after all, more manageable portions. Before cooking, don’t forget to season the steaks with a sprinkle of salt and pepper for added flavor.
- Season the calamari steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge in Flour:
- In a shallow dish, place the flour.
- Each calamari steak recipe should be coated with flour, then any excess should be shaken off.
3. Warm the Olive Oil:
- In a generously sized skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
4. Sear the Steaks:
- In the hot skillet, arrange the calamari steak.
- Cook them for two to three minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the cooked steaks from the skillet and set aside.
5. Prepare the Lemon Butter Sauce:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in the same skillet.
- Include the minced garlic and sauté it for approximately 1 minute, because ensuring it becomes fragrant without browning.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, then allow the mixture to simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to your preferred taste.
6. Combine and Serve:
- Place the cooked calamari steaks on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the lemon butter sauce over the calamari steaks.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top for added flavor and a pop of color.
- Serve the dish while it’s hot, and provide lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the calamari.
Savor your homemade Calamari Steak with Lemon Butter Sauce for calamari! This delightful dish complements well with rice, pasta, or a side salad. Bon appétit!
How should Calamari Steaks be cleaned and prepared?
Start by taking out the head, tentacles, and fins of the calamari before cleaning and preparing the steaks. Then, slice the body tube into steaks that are 1/2 inch thick. To prepare them, the steaks should first be washed in cold water and then dried with paper towels.
How can I tell when the Calamari Steaks are fully cooked?
Calamari steaks achieve perfect doneness when they become opaque and develop a slight firmness to the touch. It’s crucial to avoid overcooking them since this can make them tough and less enjoyable.
What can I put on a plate to go with Calamari with lemon butter sauce?
Moreover, Calamari steak recipe with lemon butter sauce is versatile and pairs wonderfully with a variety of sides including roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, rice, or pasta. For an extra treat, consider serving it with a side of crusty bread to soak up the delectable sauce.