KFC Chicken Pot Pie is a classic comfort food that is perfect for a cold winter day. It is made with a flaky puff pastry crust filled with a creamy chicken and vegetable filling. The filling is made with shredded rotisserie chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, evaporated milk, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and frozen peas. The pot pie is baked in the oven until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
KFC Chicken Pot Pie is a delicious and satisfying meal that is sure to please everyone at the table. It is also a relatively easy dish to make, making it a great option for a weeknight meal. If you are looking for a comforting and delicious meal, KFC Chicken Pot Pie is the perfect choice. Here is a recipe for KFC Chicken Pot Pie:
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot and cook until softened about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, evaporated milk, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and peas.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to a 12-inch circle. Cut the circle into quarters.
- Place one-quarter of the puff pastry in each of four 6-inch pie plates. Pour the chicken mixture into the pie plates.
- Top with the remaining puff pastry quarters. Trim and crimp the edges to seal.
- Cut several slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- For a richer flavor, use homemade chicken broth instead of store-bought.
- If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken, you can use cooked chicken breast or thighs. Just be sure to shred the chicken before adding it to the pot pie filling.
- If you want to add a bit of heat to your pot pie, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the filling.
- For a vegetarian pot pie, omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add in some chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, or mushrooms.
- To make ahead, assemble the pot pies up to the point of baking. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- To freeze, assemble the pot pies up to the point of baking. Wrap each pot pie tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then bake according to the instructions.
What ingredients are needed to make KFC-style chicken pot pie?
The typical ingredients for a KFC-style chicken pot pie include cooked chicken, mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and corn), cream of chicken soup, milk, butter, onion, salt, pepper, and a pie crust.
How can I make the pie crust for the chicken pot pie?
You can make a pie crust from scratch using flour, salt, cold butter, and cold water. Alternatively, you can use pre-made pie crusts available at most grocery stores.
Can I use leftover chicken for the pot pie?
Yes, using leftover cooked chicken is a great way to make a chicken pot pie. Simply shred or chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces before adding it to the filling.
Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones?
Yes, frozen vegetables can be used as a convenient alternative to fresh vegetables. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the pot pie filling.